The OxAG team and his partners have worked with its innovative Logi-bioticTM approach on the discovery and pre-clinical development of novel antibiotic classes against gram-positive bacterial infections.
OxAG1 and OxAG2, are novel first in class antibiotics and have excellent core features including:
- High activity against MRSA, MSSA, β-hemolysis Streptococci, S. pneumonia, Enterococcus faecium (VRE) and Clostridium difficile
- Low toxicity profile (cell toxicity, genotox, phototox, and more)
- No cross-resistance with commonly used antibiotics
- Low potential for resistance development due to its new mode of action
- Cost efficient and easily upscale able synthesis
- Good formulation features and stability (oral and injectable)
OxAG1 and OxAG2 are unique novel antibiotics , which should finalize pre-clinical development in 2020 and lead to the clinical Phase.